Monday, October 17, 2011

Journal # 8


Think of something that represents you. A rose, a song, an animal, what is it? Why does it represent you?

I'm represented by my power animal, the bald head eagle. Swift and courageous, delicate but powerful, majestic and beautiful. I am the symbol of all things righteous and true. I am the Bald Head Eagle!

I hope you didn't take any of that seriously, I couldn't help but say something a little silly cause I find the topic a little campy and corny, no offense. I'll try my best to answer the question though to the best of my abilities. I can't think of an animal or an inanimate object that best represents me personally but maybe I'll take this time to talk about a song that I can definitely identify with.

If I was vibration, and could not be seen, only heard. I would be the song Sowing Season by the band Brand New. There's a couple lines that strike a cord with me and its a little negative but maybe it means something to me because of the things i've been through in life. The lyrics are.

Do you miss the blend?
Color she left in your black and white field.
Do you feel condemned, just being there?

I'm not your friend.
I'm just a man who knows how to feel.
I'm not your friend
I'm not your lover
I'm not your family
Yeah.

Its pretty powerful, especially when you listen to the song, I hope you will.




No comments:

Post a Comment