Monday, September 19, 2011

Journal # 1


What does success mean to you? How do you know when you are personally successful? What steps are necessary to get you there? what obstacles might you have to over come?

Personal success for myself means a couple things. For starters, it means being financially stable and independent from my family. I want to own my own house and be able to provide for a future family (if I ever have one). It also means achieving my dreams. I want to either direct, produce or write for motion pictures. I'm unsure about which one I want to do as my future career and its possible it'll be a combination of the three. Truthfully I just want to be apart of a movie that someone loves as much as the movies I love, even if its just one person. I can be content with that.

Currently I'm 3 credits short of my diploma and I'm embarrassed by this. So much so that I've been avoiding the idea of school for awhile, distracting myself with partying, women and alcohol. Recently I've decided I'm sick of living this way and have begun night school courses at the learning to center to get my remaining credits. Hopefully I'll be in film school by next fall. I'm determined to do the best that I can and not fall prey to my habits of the past. My laziness and partying will not effect my school work, my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment